Project Two: Multifamily Rental
The Dale School Apartments were built in 1874 by Henry C. Koch as a replacement for the original Dale School which had served the community for a short period before it burned down. William Waters designed and built two attachments for the growing school in 1889 & 1908. The structure is noted by the Wisconsin Historic Society for its Italianate Style architecture. When this school building was converted into apartments in 1981, the high ceiling’s, expansive hallways, cream city brick, and arched narrow windows still maintain the classic schoolhouse impression.